Monday, November 27, 2006

Livin' and Learnin' - The Hard Way

This is my follow-up on the meeting I had with that production company almost two weeks ago.

If you'll recall, the person I met with said he was sending out my script for coverage and I was to call him back.I didn't need to wait. They called me today.

They wanted to know if I still wanted them to send my script out for coverage. I was - needless to say - a tad confused. I told them I was under the impression they had already sent it out. At this point I was put on hold. They came back on the line and said there must have been a misunderstanding. Apparantely, they want to send my work in for coverage, but they do not have the manpower to handle it, so I was advised they "know of some people at the studios that would be willing to do it for them".

And then I said, "But you want me to pay for it, right?"

"Well, yeah."

"So you're really not interested in my script, are you?"

"Not as it stands now, no."

Wow. I feel like such a fool. It's back to square one -- no, not even square one. I'm pretty sure that my script (at least for now) is D.O.A.

Since the company I met with seems to have no problems in taking advantage of people like you and me, I see no problem in outing them.

THE VINE ENTERTAINMENT, with Gino Cabanas and Cameron Graham, is a scam - pure and simple. Sure, they may have credits, but if they have to ask writers to pay for their own coverage, then that's not a company worth doing business with.

Gee, the last time anyone wanted to screw me that badly, at least I got dinner first.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy... I'd love to compare notes with you... email me moviequill at yahoo.com (before you may want to anesthetize yourself with your favorite beverage and put on your soothing music haha)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger The Word Demon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home