Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Holy Grail

Could it be? Is it possible? Why, yes...yes it is!

The Holy Grail for screenwriters is a sale, of course. But, for the budding writer, like myself, a meeting with an established production company is pretty darn close. And I'll take it, thank you very much.

Almost three months back I submitted my family drama, A GHOST OF A CHANCE, to a production company, but didn't hear a word -- until today. It seems I've jumped past that all-important first hurdle (the company's reader), and he recommended that the head honcho(s) meet with me.

Yippee!

Am I thrilled? Youbetcha.
Am I scared? TO DEATH!

Sitting alone in front of my laptop all day - every day - hasn't exactly honed my interpersonal skills. I'm no blithering idiot, but I do have the tendancy to hyperventilate, or stop breathing altogether when faced with confrontation and/or stressful situations.

You think if I faint, or throw up on his $400 shoes it'll impress him enough to offer me a six-month, $10,000 option?!?

Thank goodness the meeting's not until the 15th. Maybe by then, I'll have gotten most of these butterflies out of my stomach.

Probably not. Keep any spare fingers crossed for me.

Whatever the outcome, I'll let you know what happened during my first real meeting.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Robert Hogan said...

That’s great news Cathy. I will be cheering for you.

Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home