Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm a Figment of my Own Imagination

This is what it feels like at the moment.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not the world's biggest attention-hog, but some is nice. Especially when you're trying to put yourself "out there" and selling yourself.

It getting pretty damned hard because I think I'm fading from view.

Literally. Fading

Sitting alone at my computer day after day is not condusive to honing those oh-so-important inter-personal skills needed for a career in Hollywood.

Combine that with the dozens of non-responses I've received on my queries.

My InkTip experiment is turning out to be a big, fat nothing. Remember that "brilliant idea" for marketing I came up with? The postcard queries? Well, so far, ZILCH.

Oops. I think I just lost sight of my left foot.

At this pace, I'll be completely invisible before Thanksgiving!

Hey, maybe there's a story in this ?~?~?

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Frankie C. said...

God, Cathy, your life is so like mine! Up one moment and so down the next.

In my experience I become invisible in a number of ways:
a) when I put on weight. It is a source of amazement to me that the bigger I am the more invisible I become. When I was eight stone everbody looked at me.
b) when I pushed a baby-buggy. I was invisible, except to other mothers, for three years of my life. This was handy, because for that three years I was usually wearing the same t shirt for three days and covered in baby sick or other food.
c) when I'm going up a staircase at the station and lots of people are coming down it. That makes me want to stick my foot out. Then they'd notice me...

I'm sure you're not really a figment of your own imagination. Go out and enjoy yourself!

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here, not one bite from Inktip and I even opted to put it in the snailmail newsletter they offer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home