Saturday, October 28, 2006

Someone Stepped in a Big Pile of Poo

So, we're sitting in the theater this evening waiting for the movie to begin. Then, my favorite part - the previews - come on. I LOVE previews. I mean, I could just sit for an entire evening watching them!

So, anyway, the first one is for DejaVu, with Denzel Washington. Looks pretty cool. Nothing extraordinary, but pretty cool nonetheless. The second one is for some unremarkable film I have no intention of remembering, let alone seeing.

The third one comes on, and it gets an immediate reaction; and not a good one. It is Apocalypto, by Mel Gibson. From the moment the Icon image came on screen, you could hear subtle hissing from members of the audience. As the clips progressed, those subtle hisses became much less subtle.

All I can say, is wow, Mel, you sure fucked up good.

Your film looks fabu, and it may well become a critically aclaimed. However, I doubt if that little episode of yours will ever be entirely forgotton - or forgiven, and it will definitely show at the box office.

A small piece advice?

A.A.

2 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Trailer isn't mind blowing but I read the script for Deja Vu. It is absolutely brilliant. Genius. The most amazing script I've ever read. Terry Rossio has been saying for months that the film makes an incomprehensible mess of the story and you're better off just reading the script. Bill Marsilii doesn't share his glum expectations. So, I'm counting days... can't wait to see it. Absolutely pee-in-my-pants can't wait.

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesn't Deja Vu have the record for highest selling screenplay?.... the Apocalypto trailer here in Oklahoma City played well, it went over okay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home