Monday, March 10, 2008

Fabulous Advice from my Unmarried, Middle-Aged, Unemployed Sister - Part 1

My sister. How shall I describe her? A pain in the ass? Good, but not quite descriptive enough. Meddling, to be sure, but it goes far beyond that. Perhaps, because she's older that I, she feels entitled to giving me advice from a more..."mature" perspective, because I am so terribly flawed.

Yep, that must be it.

Lately, she's been ragging on me to get a more "environmentally-friendly" car, as the one I have now is a disgusting display of over-indulgence, capitalism, and irresponsibility.

Apparently, my 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee really offends her.

Well, excuuuse me! I bought my car 5 months before I gave birth to my first child, knowing it would soon be filled with juice boxes and soccer equipment.

My environmentally-conscious (and did I mention unemployed?) sister was one of the very first Americans to purchase the new Smart Car from France. Cute, isn't it? It holds 8 gallons of gasoline, gets up to 60 miles per gallon, and seats two people. Just two.

That means every time my deranged beloved sister wants to spend some quality alone time with her niece and nephew (yes, I have two kids), she has to swap her wondercar for my planet-killer.

(Sigh) That's my sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home