Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...

Sing it with me. Go ahead.

Well, it's here. After training for months, and enduring loads of pain and setbacks, I am jetting off to Arizona to participate in my first-ever marathon!

It's the P.F. CHANG ROCK 'N ROLL MARATHON to be exact.

I got roped volunteered to help my friend join Team in Training and raise money/awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. My friend is herself a Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor, so I'm honored she even thought to ask me to do this with her.

So, we leave tomorrow for Phoenix, where the projected temperatures for race day are...

A low of 43, and a high of 64. That's if we're lucky!

Shee-it!

The Team in Training group gives all participants a lovely purple running shirt -- that weighs all of two ounces! Mmmm, toasty.

I can see it now. The sweat my body produces while running, mixed with the frigid air will produce icicles in the most un-ladylike of locations. Yowch.

Many epople have asked me the same question. "So, are you ready?"

Fuck no. I tell 'em, "Does this couch-potato body look like it's ready to go the distance? Well, does it?!"

This usually shuts them up.

I may not be in the best physical shape, but I'm going, and I'm going to finish!

Hopefully alive.

I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home