Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ooh... Shiny!

It's the little things in life, isn't it? A really good movie ... great conversation with friends ... spontaneous laughter from your children ...

With me, it's cooking. I love to cook. Always have. That's not to say I've always been a great cook. Oh no, that came with time and plenty of practice.

Before my husband and I becamse engaged - some ninteen years ago - I gave him a Christmas gift knowing that we would soon become engaged. You know, women's intuition and all that.

Anyway, I bought him a lovely set of cookware. It was the same kind my parents had been using for many, many years - Farberware. Great stuff, Farberware. It'll take most any kind of abuse (which I can certainly attest to) and keep on going strong for decades.

As expected (by me) we did get married and I became the proud owner of those pots and pans. And I used them. Oh boy, did I use them! For eighteen years I've been using them.

Sad to report that I just killed one of the pots. To be more accurate, I killed the handle.

So, like any good cook I decided to figure out my options. I could replace that one pot. Sure. That would make sense. To someone else, that is.

But my brain works differently than others'. Why should I replace just one pot when I could replace the whole set?

AH HA!

So, that's what I did. And UPS should be here at any moment to deliver them.





They are All-Clad Cookware, and they are yummy... and expensive! Gulp! We may just have to take out a second mortgage just to pay for these beauties.

But I'm worth it. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home