Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Entitlement!

I'm concerned. No, I'm pissed off! It seems to me that people these days feel they have a particularly strong sense of entitlement. Let me explain.

Just today while waiting for a light to turn green, a limousine driver, coming from a side street tried to cut into the line ahead of me. Unfortunately for him (and my kids in the car at the time) I went berserk, yelling and screaming for him to "wait his own God-damned turn". Needless to say, I did not let him in front of me. Sorry, kids.

Not a hour later while in Target a kindly-looking older woman asked me to get her some gift cards because she was a bit too short to reach them. I did. Instead of thanking me, she simply took the cards and walked off.

People taking cuts in lines, people not saying "please", or "Thank you", people expecting things to be handed to them, just because...

You gotta wonder just how these people were raised.

If I didn't say "please" when asking for something, my parents would simply wait until I did before giving it to me. Likewise for a "thank you".

It goes far beyond pleases and thank-yous. Somehow people have gotten it into their heads that the world owes them for simply being them. Just when did we become so greedy. So...selfish?

You've done it. You know you have.

I'm sure I've been guilty of doing it, too.

Have we truly become a dog-eat-dog society, where the only thing that matters is personal satisfaction? If this is the case, then I am truly afraid for the world.

This rant has been made, because I am entitled to do so.

SO THERE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home