Thursday, March 06, 2008

Rideshare Thursday


Here in Los Angeles, the land of liposuction, Lakers, and lattes, we have a nifty little thing called "RIDESHARE THURSDAY". On this day all the commuters who normally ride solo to and from work are supposed to buddy up to save gas, time, the environment, etc.

A great idea. Really. Except it doesn't work.

Without looking at a calendar I always know what day of the week it is by how crappy the traffic is. If my normally 20-minute 5-mile commute to my daughter's middle school takes longer than it did for the Ice Age to melt, then I know it must be Rideshare Thursday.

And yet we in L.A. are still being brainwashed into believing this to be a good thing.

I swear, whoever thought this up must be working for:

1) A tire company
2) Some oil company
3) Eli Lilly

You'll have to excuse me now, because I must go and pick up my 91 year old father for an eye doctor appointment. If I leave now, I should be able to get to his place sometime around Easter!

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Julie Gray said...

Cathy - SO TRUE. Though I used to live in the Bay Area and I also had to time my life around rush hour. Thanks for adding the Rouge Wave to your list of blogs, very cool! I will reciprocate! And good luck with your Writing Buddy - a bold move!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home