Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Alone Time

I love this time of night. It's past eleven, and the family is bedded down for the night. This is my opportunity to do whatever comes into my head.

Tonight I fancied having a drink. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm really not much of a drinker, and I thought, "why not?". A Kir Royale. That's what I fancied. That, and a fine bit of chocolate.

It just so happens my sister gave us a lovely box of Leonidas chocolates for Christmas. It also just so happens that I've eaten almost half the damned box already myself! Oh well, it's just once a year, right?

The champagne also came from Christmas lunch. Since I always get stuck am happy to make Christmas lunch for my family, I also get to decide what the menu will be. I made all the usual items, and served them up with Mimosas - thus the extra champagne.

Lucky me.

So, here I am sitting here sipping Kir and nibbling chocolates. The only things missing are a glowing fire and Pachelbel's Canon.

Next time, I'll plan for those, too.

In the meantime, I think I'll troll the Internet. You never know. There might be someone out there listening to Pachelbel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home