Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Greater Good

To celebrate 50 healthy years on this planet, I've decided to participate in the AVON WALK FOR BREAST CANCER, that will take place in Los Angeles on September 15th and 16th this year. We will be walking a marathon and a half; 39.3 miles, to be exact!

I am doing this for myself, of course, but I am also doing this as a way to give back to the community; something I've done precious little of.

I will also doing this in memory of my mother and grandmother, who both had breast cancer. I saw first-hand the toll this horrible disease takes, both physically and emotionally, and I WILL NOT allow it to happen to me, or to my daughter.

So, in the weeks to come, I will be asking for your support -- and dollars.

My goal is to raise $1,800.00. A small price to pay knowing that every single woman in your life has a 1 in 3 chance of getting breast cancer in her lifetime. I want to change those odds.

If you wish to contact me, or to make a pledge, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.

Two things to remember: Every dollar you pledge is going to a great cause, PLUS every dollar you pledge is fully tax-deductable!

My very best to you and yours,
Cathy

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Robert Hogan said...

Hey Cathy, congrats on doing the walk. You can count me in, let me know when you need the check and who I should make it out to.

Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home