Thursday, May 03, 2007

Shear Genius!

I will do anything to keep from writing.

The mail comes - I'm there!
The dogs need to go outside for a game of soccer - away we go.
I need to make something edible for my family? Well, I'll grumble, but I'm on it.

The T.V.

I've just discovered something new to piss away my time: a brainless reality show called SHEAR GENIUS. This gem is hosted by Jaclyn Smith. Hmm, so this is what over-50 actresses are reduced to doing in Hollywood.

The premise is this; twelve hairdressers compete each week by doing haircuts (on mannequins, and live young women), and each week there is one winner/one loser. The loser leaves. The winner gets his/her picture up on the "wall of fame"!

Last week the challenge was to cut hair using only bizarre tools, such as box cutters, child-safe scissors, and exacto knives. The winner of the match used an enormous pair of hedge clippers!

This is great stuff. I absolutely love it!

This week, the contestants had to do a "red carpet" hairstyle for Vanessa Williams. Woo Hoo!

Now, tell the truth, wouldn't YOU rather be watching this than writing????

I thought as much.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I was in high school my barber always cut my hair with a straight razor for that fresh punky look

 

Post a Comment

<< Home