Saturday, July 28, 2007

POOF!

Well, it's happened. Mark the date. July 28th, 2007 -- the date I officially disappeared.

It's not that I wanted to. I hadn't even planned it. And still it happened.

What happened?

I turned 50.

So what? Who cares? People do it all the time. What's the big deal?

If you just asked those questions you're...

1. Not there yet, or
2. Not a woman

When a woman turns 50 she automatically becomes invisible to the world. She no longer exists as far as the media is concerned. Come to think of it, she doesn't exist for the rest of society, either. She becomes a non-entity.

She's now considered a SENIOR CITIZEN.

The mail she receives will be forever different. Replacing the active sportswear and sexy lingere catalog junk mail will be catalogs for medical aids, senior supplements, and (God forbid) funeral arrangements!

How I went from 22 to 50 without noticing I'll never understand.

I think there'll be be tears on my birthday cake this evening.

1 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger annabel said...

Happy Birthday! I hope 50 surprises you and turns out to be fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home