Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sign of the Times


L.E.D. Billboards. If you haven't seen one yet, you will soon. They are everywhere.

Gone are the old billboards plastered with paper advertisements that are changed once every two to three months. Now, you get new advertisements every ten seconds.

Every. TEN. SECONDS!

As if there weren't enough distractions on the road. Now we not only have to watch out for those idiot driver's on their cellphones, and the ones applying make-up while behind the wheel, we have to avoid colliding with slack-jawed mouth-breathers, mesmerized by the ever-changing pretty pictures sitting a good thirty feet-or-so above freaking eye-level. Do you see a problem with this, like I do?

And it's not like I can simply hail a cab, or take the subway. Here in L.A., we don't have a subway. And as for cabs? Good luck. The only time I ever see one is when I'm at the airport. And don't get me started about being at the airport!

I love living in L.A. I really do, but let's face it, this city was not built for getting around. And certainly not at $3.85/gallon.

Thank God I have the Internet. With it, I can order items, and have them delivered right to my doorstep within a matter of hours or days (depending on how far it must travel). Flowers, food, alcohol, chocolates, books...aw, hell, anything my little heart desires is just a click away.

Now, if we can just do something about those slack-jawed mouth-breathers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home