Thursday, May 29, 2008

R.I.P. Harvey Korman


More sad news from Hollywood.

Years ago, the Carol Burnett Show was one of my favorites. It still is. It had some of the best skit writing -- ever!

I am lucky to live in Los Angeles. I was even luckier to have had the chance -- chances, actually -- to attend live tapings of the show. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful the entire cast was. They were warm and welcoming to us, the audience.

Harvey Korman, Carol Burnett, Tim Comway, and Lyle Wagoner were generous with their time, answering questions from the audience, I'm sure they'd heard a thousand times before.

Harvey Korman had a long and illustrious career in Hollywood doing television and films. He was a hugely gifted mimic and comedian with a heart of pure gold.

Enjoy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home