Friday, August 11, 2006

Do You Have Balls of Steel?

In Hollywood these are a "Must Have" item. They may be the only things that keep you going between bouts of rejection from production companies.

Did you know that if you don't have 'em, you can buy 'em? I sure as hell didn't ---until David Freedman, of the Hollywood View agency, pointed this out.

Try as I might, I couldn't get my hand on a pair. Until yesterday.

There they were; just sitting there waiting for me - in Chinatown. And they're p-r-e-t-t-y, too! Feel real nice in my hands... smooth...round.

They even tinkle!

SAY WHAT ?!?!?!?

Let me explain. During Expo 4, David Freedman made an analogy using (of all things) Ben Wa balls. For those of you who haven't heard of them, they're small metal balls made in China and Japan, and they're used for..um, well...shall we say...um, an act of pleasure??? Not that I would ever do that. (Well, come to think of it, I'm not sure I even COULD do that!)

Anyway, The real purpose of my $3.00 purchase is to remind me each and every time I receive a, "This isn't quite what we're looking for" letter, to get past it and go on.

And so I shall.

And, they really do tinkle nicely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home