Tuesday, August 01, 2006

May I Validate That For You...?

Validation. What a wonderful thing to have happen. In my opinion, it just doesn't happen often enough; and to people who truly deserve it, too.

I got some today. And, I really needed it.

It came in the form of a rejection letter from the Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting competition. It seems I didn't make the Quarterfinals (rats!), but... a small note at the bottom of the form letter stated that, "You were close --- among the top 10% of all entries into the competition". All entries, being a total of 4,899 good, so-so, and truly horrible scripts.

Well, good golly, Miss Molly, if this news didn't brighten my day!

I am in love with the screenplay that I wrote. I know, I know... everyone says that. But, I REALLY believe that this one is special. This could be THE ONE that gets me where I want to go. God knows, I've tried hard enough.

Kudos to those who go forward with the Nicholl. I couldn't be happier for them.

Or, for me.

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Congrats on your top 10%. Still not letter in my box but I suspect there will be a restraining order soon if I don't stop stalking my mail carrier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home