Monday, November 03, 2008

Sign of the Times, Part 2

I wish I had something glib to say this time, but I don't. I'm angry. Very angry.

Sometime this morning, someone trespassed onto our property and removed our "No on Prop. 8" sign -- as if that would change our point of view, or our vote.

Honestly, how ignorant can one get? Well, I'll tell you...

On Halloween, as my husband was handing out candy, a man approached him and (referring to our sign) asked if my husband was Christian. My husband gave his answer, but the man wasn't satisfied. The man then stated, "You know...this whole thing is about promoting polygamy. You know...those people having multiple partners, and all".

SAY WHAT?!


If it weren't so sad, I'd be laughing my ass off right about now.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Cathy,

It is a great pleasure to visit your nice and interesting blog for the first time.
Best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Cathy Fielding said...

Obrigado, Geraldo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home